Re: [Condor-users] Taking few minutes for condor to decide a server.

Hi,

I'd really approciate if someone could provide some input on this
'performance' issue that I'm experiencing.
Many thanks in advance.

1.   Can someone tells how Condor matches a job to a server?    How can I
monitor this matching process
      from any log files?

2.   When I submit a job, the command condor_q -analyze {jobid}  always
shows there are number of machines
      that match the job requirement,  but rejected for unknow reason.
About 100 seconds later, the job will start.
      Is this normal behavior?

3.  With a server pool of 200 linux and solaris server,  my jobs takes
anywhere between 100-150 second
     to land on a server for execution.   Can it be faster?

Best regards,

John,

             john.li@mindspeed
             .com
             condor-users-boun         Condor-Users Mail List
             ces@xxxxxxxxxxx           <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
                                       Condor-Users Mail List
             09/28/06 09:33 AM         <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
                                       condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         [Condor-users] Taking few minutes
             Condor-Users Mail         for condor to decide a server.
                   List
             <condor-users@cs.
                 wisc.edu>

Hi,

I have Condor 6.8.0 working and the central manager is running on a solaris
2.8 machine.
My problem is that it consistently takes about 2-3 minutes for Condor to
finally decide
server for a job to land on.    My server pool has about 150 Linux and
Solaris machines.
Is this normal behavior or if there is some kind of global setting that
could help to
find a server faster?

Many thanks,

John,