[Condor-users] Starting a given user's jobs only during the night?

Hi all,

I have been looking at the manual and the list and cannot figure out an easy way
to do this, so before I try something a bit more cumbersome I thought of
asking...

What I want is to have a way in the submit file to specify that the jobs being
submitted should only attempt to start running during the night (say 6PM-9AM). I
know that I could use periodic_hold and periodic_release, but I'm not too
convinced about them. If a job starts running at 10PM and it is still running at
9AM I don't want to automatically put it on hold. I would like to give it a
chance to continue and finish, but if the job is evicted at 11AM, then it is not
worthwile to start it again until 6PM.

Also, keep in mind that this should not be a configuration for the machines in
the pool. These are able to run jobs all day. This should only apply to a
particular cluster of jobs (and therefore best if it can be done by
configuration in the submit file).

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
Ángel de Vicente