Re: [Condor-users] condor_q -better requires kerberos when condor_q doesn't.

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 03:18:58PM -0700, Lee Damon wrote:
> I've got a strange situation where condor_q returns valid data without a
> kerberos ticket but condor_q -better complains about being able to fetch
> startd ads unless you have a kerberos ticket.  (The 'krb' command is a
> script that does "kinit -l 10h -r 2d -f $prnc" followed by "aklog".)

whereas condor_q talks only to the schedd, 'condor_q -better' also connects
to the collector on the central manager to get the resouce ads for analysis.

is your collector requiring kerberos, but your schedd is not?

also, you can do this:
  export _CONDOR_TOOL_DEBUG=D_ALL    #bash
  setenv _CONDOR_TOOL_DEBUG D_ALL    #tcsh

and then use the -debug flag to condor_q.  you'll get (too much) information
about which connection is failing, and why.

  condor_q -debug
  condor_q -debug -better

cheers,
-zach