[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Condor-users] Florida International Grid School (FIGS'08) -- Apply by Dec 10 !
- Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 15:28:03 -0600
- From: Alain Roy <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Condor-users] Florida International Grid School (FIGS'08) -- Apply by Dec 10 !
Florida International Grid School (FIGS'08) -- Apply by Dec 10 !
JOIN US for an exciting 3-day course in large-scale and high-
performance grid computing to take place January 23-25, 2008, at
Florida International University, Miami, FL.
This intensive course introduces the techniques of grid and
distributed computing for science and engineering fields, with hands-
on training in the use of large-scale grid computing resources. The
course introduces skills that will be needed by researchers in the
natural and applied sciences, engineering, and computer science to
conduct and support large-scale computation and data analysis in
emerging grid and distributed computing environments. The workshop
will focus on enabling the use of Open Science Grid (OSG) and
TeraGrid cyberinfrastructure to perform large-scale computations and
data-intensive processing in various research fields. Participants
will learn how to use grids of thousands of processors and will be
able to continue to use these resources for their research after the
The workshop will cover:
* Overview of distributed computing concepts and tools
* Wide-area high speed optical networking
* Concepts, tools, and techniques of grid computing
* Discovering and using grid resources
* Grid scheduling and distributed data management
* Web service and grid service concepts
* Techniques for workflow and collaboration
Undergraduate and graduate students, researchers, educators and
professionals in engineering, computer science, or any scientific,
data-or computing-intensive discipline may apply. Applicants should
have at least intermediate programming skills (one to two semesters
experience in C/C++, Java, Perl, and/or Python) and hands-on
experience with UNIX / Linux in a networked environment.
Application Deadline: Dec 10.
Notification of Acceptance will be sent by Dec 20.
Registration Deadline: Jan 10.
Application form can be found at: www.ci.uchicago.edu/figs08
For information on FIGS'08 please visit www.opensciencegrid.org/
send a message to figs08@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx