Re: [Condor-users] Injecting Job ClassAds

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Doug Jacobsen wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I was curious if anyone knew how to inject a new Job Classad. Like I want
the job to know where it was submitted from. Thanks!

Doug

Doug--I think you mean a new attribute in an existing Job Classad,
don't you?

In any case, I do this by making a shell script to
wrap the real condor_submit binary.
In your case all the shell script would have to be is :

condor_submit_real -a "+SubmitHost = \"`hostname`\"" "$@"

where condor_submit_real is the real condor_submit binary.
The "-a" option of condor_submit is the trick.

Steve

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.