Re: [Condor-users] Incorrect notification email address

On 12/13/07 10:32 AM, "Steffen Grunewald" <steffen.grunewald@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 09:53:15AM -0500, Paul Mezzanini wrote:
>>>
>>> Did you try /usr/bin/Mail ?
>>> sendmail (whatever is behind that nowadays) usually takes ready-to-send
>>> messages, with all the headers, and has a different idea of command-line
>>> flags...
>>
>> /usr/bin/mail does not exist.  I guess I will try pulling ssmtp off and
>> upgrading to a "full" postfix.
>
> Mail, with a capital M.
> I'm afraid you're confusing MUA and MTA...

That was actually lazyness with the "M" :)  /usr/bin/[mM]ail does not exist.
(Gentoo Linux box)

ssmtp is designed to be a simple plug in replacement for sendmail that only
sends mail for local processes.  For some reason it is upset with condor's
output.  I will try running the appropriate bits from postfix to mimic this
behavior and get back to you guys.

-paul