[Condor-users] Dose NFS and real IP matter to install condor?

Hi,
I am trying to install condor in two machines. I successfully install condor in both machines, and it runs ok if the job is submit locally and run locally. Below is the submit file.

  Executable     =   hello-cows
  Universe       =   standard
  Output         =   hello-cows.out$(Process)
  Log            =   hello-cows.log$(Process)
  Queue 5

However if I try to specify the job to be run in a certain machine, using the submit profile:

  Executable     =   hello-cows
  Universe       =   standard
  Requirements   =   Machine == "172.8.30.2"
  Output         =   hello-cows.out$(Process)
  Log            =   hello-cows.log$(Process)
  Queue 5
It is stuck. when I use condor_q to check the status, the jobs are always in the queue and never got run.

I use the same example to run in another runable condor system, and the exmaple runs very well. Compare my system and the runnable system, I found the differences: 1. The runable system is using real ip, and mine is using local IP behind a firewall 2. The runable is using file sharing system, and mine does not have the file system running.

Are the realy IP and file sharing system necessary to install condor? if no, what I have missed?
Thanks for the answer.

Regards,
Sean
begin:vcard