Re: [Condor-users] Condor Java Macs

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

Ian Cottam wrote:
OK I've switched a couple of Intel Macs (OS X 10.4) to Condor 6.8.5 to get the working Java Universe. My central master is still on 6.6.11; should this work?

The Macs appear in condor_status -java but when I submit a job that targets one of them it never runs. Before I dig deeper, is there anything fundamentally incompatible between 6.6.11 and 6.8.5? I'd rather not update my central master.

thanks
-Ian

Interoperability between 6.6.x and 6.8.x is not tested or supported, but I would personally doubt it is causing your problem above re running java universe jobs.

Actually, there _is_ now a known (but unforseen) incompatibility between 6.6 schedds and 6.8.5 startds, due to a fixed length buffer in 6.6. The symptom is that jobs will match to the startd but will be rejected when the schedd tries to contact the startd.

--Dan