Re: [Condor-users] Priority = $(DAGManJobId)

Sorry for repeating this but it looks like a direct quotation from the docs (or the config files) and sounds plain wrong. And I still could not find a reliable way to force dag-dependent job execution (so that the second submitted dag
executes after the first one for sure).

Cheers,
Szabolcs

While looking for information on prioritizing dags I found this post (again) :
ou can now use DAGManJobId as the value of your job's queue priority, like so:
 Priority = $(DAGManJobId)

This will ensure that jobs submitted by earlier DAGMans will have local, per-user queue priority over jobs submitted by later DAGMans.

I don't really get it. I thought job priority works the other way, higher priority is preferred. And in case I'm right than how can I use the priority expression at all? Should I subtract the DAGManJobId from a really huge number and hope that job ids will never reach it? (I tried using negative values to get around this problem but they seem to be clipped at -1.)

Or is a job rank expression the way to go?

Cheers,
Szabolcs