Re: [Condor-users] USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP and CREDD issues

my excel macro jobs will run without USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP on w2k3.  i can now also get them to run now on the xp machine as well.  the jobs fail if i restart condor on the xp machine without a reboot.  without the reboot, enabling USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP allows the jobs to run.  it looks like this is some windows idiosyncracy.

condor_q analyze says "2 are rejected by your jobs's requirements".  perhaps there is some active directory setting i need to enable for my user?  is there a way to find out exactly why it is being rejected?  log file?  query?

kurt

"Jones, Torrin A \(US SSA\)" <torrin.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/12/2007 10:03 AM

Please respond to
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Condor-users] USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP and CREDD issues

I imagine that excel needs a gui to run, even though it's a macro.  That's probably why you need USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP.

I'm not sure about the credd problem.  When you submit a job directly to a winxp client what does "condor_q -analyze" say?