Re: [Condor-users] Installation poblems

I have no problems running Condor on a variety of OS/hardware
combinations, using only two tar.gz files -

x86: SLES 9 and 10, Ubuntu 6.10, Scientific Linux 4 and 5 -
	condor-6.8.4-linux-x86-rhel3-dynamic.tar.gz
x64: SLES10, SuSE 10.2, Ubuntu 7.04 -
	condor-6.8.4-linux-x86_64-rhel3-dynamic.tar.gz

Did not have time yet to upgrade to 6.8.5, but all the previous
versions, starting from at least 6.6, I think, did all work the same
excellent way

I found it easier to use tar files, as it is as easy upgrade as
just extracting files into a new folder and changing soft links
to point at it. It is important with this setup to keep all configuration
files in a separate location form the binaries.

hope this helps,

Andrey Kaliazin