[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Dealing with a flaky domain controller and startd's that cannot authenticate on startup
- Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:26:24 -0400
- From: "Ian Chesal" <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Dealing with a flaky domain controller and startd's that cannot authenticate on startup
I can break this down into shorter questions.
Condor guys who deal with Windows: how specific are the error messages
you get when it can't create the desktop as a specific domain user? For
example this message:
6/3 13:59:52 ERROR: Could not locate valid credential for user
6/3 13:59:52 Could not initialize user_priv as "ALTERA\swbatch2".
Make sure this account's password is securely stored with
6/3 13:59:52 ERROR: Failed to determine what user to run this job as,
Does this mean:
1) Very specifically that Condor didn't have the right password stored
for this domain account and I need to recache it with condor_store_cred;
2) That Condor tried to authenticate and it failed so this is the
catch-all message displayed: that Condor might not have the right
password stored for this domain account but maybe it did have the right
password and the account is locked out.
I'm trying to determine if Condor is perhaps not sending the correct
password from time to time. Seems unlikely but I have to start pruning
the decision tree some place to figure out what's going on.
Ian R. Chesal <ichesal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Senior Software Engineer
Toronto Technology Center
Tel: (416) 926-8300