From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of DeVoil, Peter
Sent: June 12, 2007 12:43 AM
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] Condor_store_cred and win2003 server

Hi,

I'm having trouble with some windows 2003 server clients that refuse to
store credentials via condor_store_cred.

The symptom is that every add or query operation on the client gives the
same error message:
---------
C:\condor\bin>condor_store_cred query
Account: Reds@REDS

Operation failed.
    Make sure your HOSTALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host.

C:\condor\bin>condor_store_cred -p xxxx add
Account: Reds@REDS

Operation failed.
    Make sure your HOSTALLOW_WRITE setting includes this host.
------------

hostallow_write is "*" everywhere.

The master is linux FC4, everybody runs 6.8.5. Clients running XP don't
have this problem.

I'd rather not have to set up a credd: This is running on a firewalled
subnet, with only one user in the entire domain..

Any suggestions?
Yours,
Pdev.

---------Starterlog
6/12 14:40:29 ERROR: Could not locate valid credential for user
'REDS@Reds'
6/12 14:40:29 Could not initialize user_priv as "Reds\REDS".
        Make sure this account's password is securely stored with
condor_store_cred.
6/12 14:40:29 ERROR: Failed to determine what user to run this job as,
aborting
6/12 14:40:29 Failed to initialize JobInfoCommunicator, aborting
6/12 14:40:29 Unable to start job.

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.

CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED INFORMATION NOTICE

This e-mail, and any attachments, may contain information that
is confidential, subject to copyright, or exempt from disclosure.
Any unauthorized review, disclosure, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of or reliance on this information
may be unlawful and is strictly prohibited.

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILÉGIÉE

Le présent courriel, et toute pièce jointe, peut contenir de
l'information qui est confidentielle, régie par les droits
d'auteur, ou interdite de divulgation. Tout examen,
divulgation, retransmission, diffusion ou autres utilisations
non autorisées de l'information ou dépendance non autorisée
envers celle-ci peut être illégale et est strictement interdite.