Re: [Condor-users] (no subject)

> Yes that is what was happening. The temp files were being deleted once
> the batch file was returned. I noticed that but was unsure what was
> happening but that makes sense.

Starting things in a new window wouldn't help either since condor
usually runs as low privilege and users would get annoyed if new windows
started popping up on their machine!

> I don't think I can because the executable was a program that was sent
> to me by a co-worked in order to test condor. Maybe it could have been
> though I am not too sure because I am very new with all of this. How
> would you have run it directly?

Your choices:

(other settings same as before unless otherwise stated)

==================== Running directly
executable = build_looks.exe
arguments = "-f long_run.props"
transfer_inputs = <as before but no needfor build_looks.exe now>
===
No need for build.bat

==================== Running using batch file
Same as before
=== build.bat is simply:
====
build_looks.exe -f long_run.props

==================== (although I have no idea why you would want to do this)
Same as before except with /B, /WAIT or both.

Note, if you have been doing this testing all on the same machine,
then I have a concern that using start is an extra complication that
you don't want when running on remote machines.

Cheers

JK