Re: [Condor-users] PERMISSION DENIED for command 60011 (DC_NOP)

On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 02:20:17PM +0200, Rob de Graaf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On my Windows XP execute nodes, the MasterLog contains following errors:
>
> 6/13 14:01:30 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
> <10.92.25.28:4828> for command 60011 (DC_NOP)
>
> The error occurs when a job is run on the execute node, but the job still
> completes normally.

that's certainly possible.  essentially, it's nothing to worry about, but
i'll try to explain it below.

> My questions: What is command 60011 (DC_NOP), and why is no authentication
> being done before issuing this command?

DC_NOP is a No OPertaion.  it doesn't do anything.  on windows, it is sent
to "wake up" another thread.  (it causes network traffic, which breaks that
thread out of select() )

the command itself is a READ level command.  probably you are requiring
authentication for READ (or all) commands.  in the case of a NOP, it just
blasts off a UDP packet without authentication, and thus is denied.
however, it still had the effect of waking up the thread.

essentially, that failed NOP is a successful NOP. :)

if that doesn't confuse you well enough, feel free to ask more questions
and i'll explain further.

cheers,
-zach