Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.9.2 hung schedd

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

Question to Condor developers: where's the status of submitted jobs kept
over a restart of condor_schedd? It might be easier to make changes there...
$(SPOOL)/job_queue.log

It is fairly easy to understand the format and to make manual changes, but be careful!

And why doesn't 'condor_restart -sub schedd' work in this case?
Hmm. It worked for me when I tried it, but I'm running a pre-release of 6.9.3. The usual problem people have is that their security configuration doesn't allow condor_restart to operate from the machine where they are running it, but the command-line tool does not know whether the operation was rejected or not, so there is no visible complaint to the user. If you look in the schedd log, you will see a message indicating that it rejected the command.

--Dan