Re: [Condor-users] installation on Solaris 8

On 6/18/07, Alan De Smet <adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sophie Prieur <s.prieur@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem I have made a condor_install, run condor_init
> on all machine and condor_master on the central, but I have a
> problem the condor_collector and condor_negociator processes
> don't run

Looking at your configuration file, this leaps out:

> DAEMON_LIST                   = MASTER, STARTD, SCHEDD

On your central manager you'll need to include COLLECTOR and
NEGOTIATOR in your DAEMON_LIST.  Typically you'll do so by
putting

DAEMON_LIST                     = MASTER, STARTD, SCHEDD, NEGOTIATOR, COLLECTOR

Note that most installations would _not_ want the STARTD or SCHEDD
running on their 'central manger' running the collector and
negotiator. There are some exceptions (like personal condor
installations or strongly controlled central submit points) but you
would want to fully understand the implications before doign this.

Matt