Re: [Condor-users] Condor on Intel Macs (OS X 10.4 Tiger)

> I think you guys should strongly consider providing additional
> granularity on the OpSys data while keeping the existing OpSys the
> same to keep compatibility

I'll second this request. With Vista 32/64-bit on the scene it's
impossible to tell one version of Vista from the other in Condor. They
look the same -- both OpSys and Arch. I'll add to this request better
processor resolution when you're running Condor on Windows. Right now
everything shows up as 'INTEL'. Unfortunately I need to distinguish
between Intel and AMD processors so we had to tag up our machines by
hand to steer our jobs.

> I also suggest that an option should be added to the submission
> process called something like:
>
> DisableAutomaticRequirementGeneration
>
> Which would then add no automatic requirements at all (someone who
> knows enough to use this knows how to deal with everything else).

Yes please!

- Ian