Re: [Condor-users] How to check NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK?

Steffen Grunewald wrote:

I'm trying to make some pool nodes "look less attractive than others" by
forging a low (negative) NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK. Now I'd liek to check whether the value assigned is correct, but I cannot get it back using
"condor_status -long <machine> | grep -i rank". I somehow thought that
all the information that is available to the negotiator could be queried?

This expression is internal to the negotiator, so it is not visible as part of the machine ClassAd. The best way I can think of to check the expression would be to evaluate it in a condor_status query. Example:

condor_status -f "%g\n" '-Memory'

BTW, I'm still unsure whether I'd have to write NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = - Memory
yes

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = ( -1 * Memory )
yes

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = ( -1 * MEMORY )
yes

NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK = - $(Memory)
No, because $(...) is a macro substitution operator, so $(Memory) says to insert the value of a configuration macro named Memory when the negotiator is reading the configuration file. Instead, you want to refer to the Memory attribute of the machine ClassAd (equivalently TARGET.Memory).

--Dan