[Condor-users] Vanilla job crashing segmentation fault due to ioctl [Sec=Unclassified]

I am getting a segmentation fault in a job when run via Condor on a Linux machine.

Job runs correctly when Win executable is submitted via Condor to a Windows machine.

Job also runs correctly when executed directly on the same Linux machine.

strace shows:

ioctl(0, SNDCTL_TMR_TIMEBASE or TCGETS, 0xbfe20890) = -1 ENOTTY (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---

+++ killed by SIGSEGV (core dumped) +++

Process 28426 detached

This is in a Vanilla universe.  Is this a problem that can be solved by running under a Standard universe?  I do not have the source to recompile.

Anyone got any experience with io control calls causing seg faults under Condor?

    Australian Government Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.aad.gov.au/