[Condor-users] Slow submissions

Title: Slow submissions

Hi,

I have a Perl script that creates input files for my simulator and also the submit file for Condor.  After preparing the files for a single case, it submits the job to the queue.  The Perl script then prepares another set of files and submits that job.  My script submits dozens, hundreds, or  even thousands of jobs.

When it first starts, it spews out jobs at a rate of about one per second.  After a couple dozen jobs, it slows down to submitting only one or two per minute.  If the jobs are the short ones, the queue begins to shrink because the jobs are completing faster than they are being created.

Is there something I can do to speed up the submitting process?

Marshall

Marshall L. Buhl, Jr.
Senior Engineer
NWTC-3811