Re: [Condor-users] condor_master problem

Some thoughts:

Could your init scripts be running in an order such that /opt/condor is not yet mounted? How about the directory where logfiles go? Can you monitor the console of the machine as it is booting up for any hint of error?

Also, recently I ran across a problem where condor became unhappy if the local machine's name was aliased to 127.0.0.1 in /etc/hosts. Condor became happy again when the local machine's name was aliased to the IP address assigned to a local network card. Default installations of Fedora Core 4 generated /etc/hosts to exhibit the former condition. This probably isn't your problem, at least not in the form I described, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Good luck,

Armen

Santanu Das wrote:

Erik Paulson wrote:
> So running condor_master by hand is not the same thing as running condor.boot
>
> Try running condor.boot by hand. It probably will tell you any errors
> it is encountering.
> Nope, no error messages, nothing. It just starts:

[root@farm016 root]# ps -ef | grep condor
root      2715  2562  0 23:44 pts/0    00:00:00 grep condor
[root@farm016 root]# /etc/init.d/condor start
Starting up Condor
[root@farm016 root]# ps -ef | grep condor
condorr   2718     1  0 23:44 ?        00:00:00
/opt/condor/sbin/condor_master
condorr   2719  2718 22 23:44 ?        00:00:00 condor_startd -f
root      2725  2562  0 23:44 pts/0    00:00:00 grep condor

I don't see option to go with condor.boot to display extra info.

Cheers,
Santanu