[Condor-users] condor_dagman 5 minute (300 second) delay before running jobs

Title: condor_dagman 5 minute (300 second) delay before running jobs

I'm running condor 6.8.2 on solaris platforms.  When I submit a condor_dagman job like:

   condor_submit_dag -verbose -force -notification never -outfile_dir /tmp -usedagdir /tmp/condor9198.dag

where the DAG has one job in it, the resultant condor_dagman job is scheduled and in the 'R' state but the job in the dag remains in the 'I' for roughly 5 minutes before executing.

After this 5 minute delay the job runs successfully.  Also, when scheduling the job without a DAG, it runs immediately and also successfully.

Probably not coincidently, there are a few timeout configuration settings set at 300 seconds.

Anyone seen this behaviour ?

thanks

Andrew Pleat
Northrop Grumman Corporation