Re: [Condor-users] SSL authentication with WinXP

OK that seems to have worked but I still get an authentication
error with condor_reconfig.

[snip]

> > AUTH_SSL_SERVER_CAFILE =   c:\condor\ssl\ca\signing-ca-1.crt
> > AUTH_SSL_CLIENT_CAFILE =   c:\condor\ssl\ca\signing-ca-1.crt
>
> This should point to a file containing both the root-ca and
signing-ca-1 certificates.

Does that mean I need to concatenate them into one file ?

> > AUTH_SSL_SERVER_CADIR =    c:\condor\ssl\ca
> > AUTH_SSL_CLIENT_CADIR =    c:\condor\ssl\ca
>
> Try verifying the certificates using openssl verify.

Not sure how I do that in a >expletive deleted< windows envrionment.
Are there any MS tools or do I near to go and get openssl.

[snip]

> If you've got the same keys on both the central manager and
> the execute host, this means the execute host can impersonate
> the central manager...

I can feel a migraine coming on now. SSL is hard enough to understand
but with Condor everything seems like a server and a client. Perhaps it
would be easier to say what I'm trying to do. On the production
service the Win machines should be execute only - end of story. If
the security mechanism makes them incapable of doing a condor_status or
anything else then so much the better. I'm not sure how this fits
with the client/server bit or how the certs tie to a particular host.

cheers,

-ian.