[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Condor-users] Multiple processes and Win XP
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:16:25 +1000
- From: Lance De Vine <l.devine@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Multiple processes and Win XP
Thanks very much for your message. It has given me a few ideas that I
will follow up on.
Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
In vanilla universe, multiple processes and rpcs are not a problem.
Do other programs run ok on your pool? Any clues left behind about why your program below exits, such as insightful stderr output or exit status?
Some wild guesses :
- maybe the program expects an environment variable that is not present? If it works outside of Condor on the submit machine, try adding
getenv = true
to your submit file.
- maybe some input file required by the program is not present? recheck what you listed for transfer_input_files. Maybe a required DLL file is missing? Try a tool like ms depends which will tell you what DLL files are required for the .exe, and make certain any non-system DLL files are being transferred.
- try specifying in the requirements expression in the submit file that the job runs on the submit machine. This will tell you if the problem is running on a different machine or just running in Condor.
- set USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP=TRUE on a machine and have condor run the job on that machine to see if any errors/clues appear on the screen.
hope the above ideas help,
Dept of Computer Sciences
University of Wisconsin-Madison
<-- Sent from a Palm Treo 680 -->
From: Lance De Vine <l.devine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subj: [Condor-users] Multiple processes and Win XP
Date: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm
I have an application that when run in batch mode initiates several
processes, and uses remote procedure calls (RPCs) to communicate between
them. When I try to run this application as a Condor job ( on Windows
XP, vanilla universe ) the application starts but then exits almost
immediately. Is it possible that this is because it initiates multiple
processes and uses RPCs? If it is, is there some way I can still use
this application with Condor on Windows?
I have read in the documentation that running an application that
initiates multiple processes shouldn't be a problem, but I am running
out of ideas. Is it possible that it is the RPCs that are causing the
Thanks for your help.
Lance De Vine.
Lance De Vine (High Performance Computing)
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
(61) (07) 3138 9264