Re: [Condor-users] Multiple processes and Win XP

Hello Todd,

Thanks very much for your message. It has given me a few ideas that I will follow up on.

Kind regards,

Lance.

Todd Tannenbaum wrote:
Hi Lance

In vanilla universe, multiple processes and rpcs are not a problem.

Do other programs run ok on your pool? Any clues left behind about why your program below exits, such as insightful stderr output or exit status?

Some wild guesses :

- maybe the program expects an environment variable that is not present?  If it works outside of Condor on the submit machine, try adding
   getenv = true
to your submit file.

- maybe some input file required by the program is not present?  recheck what you listed for transfer_input_files.  Maybe a required DLL file is missing?  Try a tool like ms depends which will tell you what DLL files are required for the .exe, and make certain any non-system DLL files are being transferred.

- try specifying in the requirements expression in the submit file that the job runs on the submit machine.   This will tell you if the problem is running on a different machine or just running in Condor.

- set USE_VISIBLE_DESKTOP=TRUE on a machine and have condor run the job on that machine to see if any errors/clues appear on the screen.
hope the above ideas help,
Todd

---
Todd Tannenbaum