[Condor-users] Python and Condor

Hi,
I am supposed to write a program to run on a Condor grid on x86 Linux (Fedora Core 1 and Ubuntu) platform. The task is to show change in computation time when running a compute-intensive program on a grid as opposed to a single computer. Python is my programming language of choice, but there are a few things I need to know before I can start off:

1)Is it possible to run a Python program in standard universe? ( i want to take advantage of checkpointing and remote system calls)
2)Will I need to use any parallel programming techniques like message-passing or BSP for the python program to run on the grid in such a way as to reduce computation time?
3)Will there be need to relink seeing as Python is an interpreted language?
4)Are there interfaces/bindings that I will need to enable a python script to run on the grid (like Pyglobus for Globus toolkit).

If you can help me with the above questions or if you have any useful information about running python scripts on a Condor grid, please share.

thanks

Looking for earth-friendly autos?