Re: [Condor-users] multiple schedd + quill

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 12:24:52PM -0700, Erik A. Espinoza wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am running with two submit machines. One of our submit machines has
> quill running, which writes it's db information to a remote host
> running postgresql.
>
> Is it possible to have the second submit machine run quill to the same
> remote host running postgresql, or will I need to set up a separate
> postgresql installation for each Quill instance?

Each schedd/quill pair must have one database to store the job queue in.
However, a PostgreSQL server can have multiple databases active at once, so
yes, it is possible to set have a second submit machine use the same postgresl
installation.

Starting in Condor 6.9.3, Quill will be able to store the job queues of
multiple schedds in a single database.

-Erik