Re: [Condor-users] Error Number 25 at Condor

On May 2, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Paula Marti­nez wrote:

I have installed Fedora Core 6 and Condor 6.8.4 rpm for Linux Red Hat 3
and when I run condor_master says: ERRROR gethostbyname, error number 25,
and says that there's an error at line 190 in file my_hostname.C.
Does anybody know what happens?

Hi Paula,

I've seen this error message before when there is a problem with the machine's network configuration. Condor is trying to find the machine's IP address based on its configured host name. Try running the following command from a shell prompt:

ping `hostname --long`

If this command doesn't work, then try checking your machine's DNS configuration or the contents of the /etc/hosts file.

Tony Rippy

Phone:  914.772.6694

Cycle Computing, LLC