Re: [Condor-users] condor_hold and DAGs?

Peter F. Couvares wrote:

On May 3, 2007, at 3:35 PM, Armen Babikyan wrote:
> Does condor have a command that I can run that will send a "hold" > message to a DAG and all sub-DAGs?

Assuming you mean "a DAG and all its submitted jobs", then for DAGMan job id xyz, just run:

% condor_hold -constraint 'DAGManJobId == xyz || Cluster == xyz'

(DAGMan publishes its own job id into each submitted job's classad, in the DAGManJobId attribute, so you just need to reference it as a boolean constraint.)

This will put the DAGMan job and its currently-submitted nodes on hold more or less simultaneously, but that's okay -- it doesn't matter to DAGMan whether it goes on hold right before or right after its jobs. When you release, DAGMan should recover correctly either way.

If you want to put a "tree" of DAGs and sub-DAGs on hold, it's a little more complicated unless you can submit them with a custom classad attribute in common.

Cool...This idea sounds like it should be good enough for me.

By the way, is there a way I can add a custom classad attribute to a condor_dagman process through its DAG file without manually adding lines to the end of the submit file generated from "condor_submit_dag -no_submit foo.dag"?

Thanks,

Armen

--
Armen Babikyan