Re: [Condor-users] Kerberos security and startup scripts...

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 09:42:44AM -0500, Zachary Miller wrote:

:are you starting condor as root?  if so, it should already attempt to use
:the host credential by default.  if you would, please enable D_SECURITY and
:D_FULLDEBUG for the MASTER_DEBUG and send me the snippet of log containing
:the kerberos error.  perhaps it's just not finding your system keytab file.

My bad seems a confluence of two errors on my part lead me to
incorrect conclusions.

Most of my systems actually weren't starting because of ordering
issues (can't start befor the network filesystem with the binaries is
there, oops), the one I was drawing conclusions from had been recently
renamed and thus had the wrong keytab entry and kerberos errors in the
log file.

Knowing it was supposed to use the host keytab (which I now vaguely
remember configuring at some point), made it all clear though.

Thanks,
-Jon