Re: [Condor-users] condor_submit sets job owner to SYSTEM

From: Diane Harding [mailto:diane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:17 PM
To: 'condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: condor_submit sets job owner to SYSTEM

I’m a new Windows user, but have used Condor on Linux for a year or so.

I’ve recently installed Condor on a stand-alone Dell PC running Windows XP, using the

downloaded file condor-6.6.11-winnt50-x86.exe

This is a software development machine that eventually will be a front end to a cluster of

windows machines, so I installed as a condor pool (not a personal condor).

I am the only user that uses (logs on to) this machine.

I can run condor_submit from the command line, where jobs show up in the condor_q with OWNER =’me’. However, when I  attempt to use ‘condor_submit’ from a java application started by ‘me’ (via Runtime.exec…. command in the java code),  condor attempts to start the job with OWNER=SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY, which has no credentials.  As a result, it doesn’t start the job.

So  how do I set the user to ‘me’  when not submitting from the command line?

On linux, the CONDOR_ID values were used for this.  But these aren’t available for Windows.

Additionally, is there a way to remove a job from the condor queue even if you are not the owner of it?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Diane