Re: [Condor-users] Forcing job to run on submit host

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:41:58AM -0500, R. Kent Wenger wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Atle Rudshaug wrote:
>
> > My question is how to I force the last job in DAGMan (which is the
> > child of all the other jobs) to run on the submitters machine where
> > all the outputs files are (this being a bash script or a c++
> > executable). Is there a better/easier way of doing this?
>
> Just make that job a local universe job.  (Note that you do that by
> specifying local universe in the job's submit file -- it's not something
> that you do in the DAG file, and it's independent of whether the job
> runs within a DAG.)

I've got quite the opposite problem: since the submit hosts only run
a scaled-down version of the Condor daemon list (in particular, the
STARTD is missing), they refuse to run "local universe" jobs as well.

Any suggestion how to make submit machines available for local universe
only is highly appreciated!

Cheers,
 Steffen