[Condor-users] Cluster Job latency

Hi,

I'm running some tests on condor 6.8.4 (X86_64-LINUX_RHEL3). When
submitting a cluster job, the list of jobs appears as Running (I submit
a job per node), but it seems that they are submitted every 2 seconds.
At least the difference in RUN_TIME value between 2 consecutive jobs is
usually 2s.

Does this correspond to a physical limit or can we reduce this value ?

Schedduling a task on 512 nodes takes about 17mn which is usually less
than the computing time with that many nodes, so it limits the
scalability of the application we use.

--
Matthieu Cargnelli
EADS Innovation Works