Re: [Condor-users] Standard universe support

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 05:31:23PM -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:

> >If it works with RHEL 5, it should work with Scientific Linux 5[0],
> >right?
>
> Most likely.  Actually, if you look carefully at the Condor download
> page, you'll see that almost all of the Linux download links are
> actually links to the RHEL tarball.  At least, that was the case the
> last time I visited there.  Distributions aren't as different as they
> used to be, and binaries that run on one will often run on another
> without too many problems.  The best thing to do is try it and see if
> it works!

Have a look at http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/porting/port_table.html,
it shows which particular combinations of gcc/g++ and glibc would work.

Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/
* e-mail: steffen.grunewald(*)aei.mpg.de * +49-331-567-{fon:7233,fax:7298}
No Word/PPT mails - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html