Re: [Condor-users] condor_startd error!!!

Kewley, J (John) wrote:
Hi all,

If I run "condor_startd" on one of my execute nodes, it returns an error "gij: unrecognized option--" like this:

[root@farm052 etc]# condor_startd -f
gij: unrecognized option -- `-Xmx4000m'
Try `gij --help' for more information.

and seems to be hanging here for ever. Any idea how this "Java" stuff get involved? Anyone else ever seen this before?

What happens if you run condor_master, that is the usual way
of starting the daemons that are listed in the condor_config file.
Yeah, condor_master is fine but as we are one of EGEE sites, to configure a WN (worker node) I need to run YAIM at some point and yaim script is trying to run "condor_startd -f" during the grid-security-config stage.

thanks,
Santanu