Re: [Condor-users] Trouble starting condor daemons - CONDOR_IDS error

> >> Even though this is clearly set in the global condor_config:
> >> CONDOR_IDS = 1250.551
> >
> > Check your condor_config.local file.
> >
> > I suspect it is being overwritten in there.
>
> My condor_config.local file only contains DAEMON_LIST. The entire
> installation is on a NFS share so there are no local files on
> the clients.

OK, fair enough.

Try
/opt/condor/bin/condor_config_val -verbose CONDOR_IDS

that will tell you where it is defined and what its value is

use
/opt/condor/bin/condor_config_val -name other_machine -verbose CONDOR_IDS
to find values for another machine

Don't believe the "-help" information for condor_condor_val:
   "-name daemon_name    (query the specified daemon for its configuration)"
since "daemon_name" is either wrong, or at least very confusing.

It is worded better in the online manual:
   "-name machine_name
    Query the specified machine's condor_ master daemon for its configuration."

[Condor Team please note - this was 6.9.3 condor!]

Cheers

JK