Re: [Condor-users] renice increments (was: PASSWD_CACHE_REFRESH in 6.9.4)

Stuart,

The default SCHED_UNIV_RENICE_INCREMENT is 0 in 6.9. Local universe jobs are reniced according to JOB_RENICE_INCREMENT, which still defaults to 10.

--Dan

Stuart Anderson wrote:
Dan,
	Thanks for the explanation. What is the current default and
recommended value for SCHED_UNIV_RENICE_INCREMENT in the 6.9 series?
What about adding a LOCAL_UNIV_RENICE_INCREMENT option? For example,
I would like to make the distinction that DAGMan has a higher priority
in the scheduler universe than short running user jobs in the local
universe.

Thanks.