[Condor-users] Resource Status

Hi,

I have a quick question,

What it means condor_status shows, status of a Resource is

State = Claimed

Activity = Idle

I submitted a job, it status shows it is running, and it suppose to finish with 5-10 mins, but it running for more than 2 hours. The status of the machine on which the job is running shows State is ‘Claimed’ and Activity is ‘Idle”.

I don’t know what exactly happening, if the job is running the Activity should be ‘busy’ right? What might be the reason for this? Is there may be problem like data file or something is missing, the problem with job source code etc…

Could you please let me know, if you have any suggestion.

Thanks,

Senthil