Re: [Condor-users] matlab submission returning nothing

Try using the full path to MATLAB.exe which is in the win32 subdirectory of bin as you have in the path. Don't use matlab.exe from the bin directory. Let me know if that works. Also search the archives for the recent thread.

Ashley

----- Original Message -----
From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri Sep 14 00:35:29 2007
Subject: [Condor-users] matlab submission returning nothing

I'm wondering if someone might have suggestions to help with a matlab
submission. It seems to run, and I get no errors but also no output. I
tried this on the command line on a Windows PC.
Here is what I currently have:

classad
********************
universe = vanilla
requirements = OpSys=="WINNT51" && Arch=="INTEL" && HAS_MATLAB=?=TRUE
environment=path=c:\WINDOWS\system32
should_transfer_files=YES
transfer_input_files = example1.m, randomMatrix.m
when_to_transfer_output=ON_EXIT
input = example1.m
executable=matlabEx1.bat
arguments=-r example1 -logfile matlab.txt
getenv=True
output=ml.out.$(Process)
error=ml.err.$(Process)
log=ml.log.$(Process)
notification=NEVER
queue 3

batch file matlabEx1.bat
********************
set path=%path%;c:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a\bin
set path=%path%;c:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2007a\bin\win32
set path=%path%;c:\PROGRA~1\matlab704\bin
set path=%path%;c:\PROGRA~1\matlab704\bin\win32
matlab -nojvm -nodisplay -nosplash -nodesktop -nofigurewindows -minimize %*

and m files
example1.m
*********************
num=4;
B = randomMatrix(num);
A = inv(B);
save toto A;
exit;

randomMatrix.m
*********************
function B = randomMatrix(num)
B = rand(num)
return
end

Again, it submits and I get no errors in the log file. It works fine in
the command line. But I get no output and I do not see toto.mat or
matlab.txt being generated or returned to my computer. I'm submitting from
a Sun station via ssh from a Windows PC if you think that might have
anything to do with it. Also, the output doesn't go seem to go directly to
standard output, i.e. it doesn't appear as output on the cmd window, and I
wonder if that might have anything to do with the problem. Please let me
know if you have any suggestions or if anything stands out, thank you.
-Brian

Brian C. Dandurand
Clemson University
Department of Mathematical Sciences