[Condor-users] how do you run an executable that is already on the target system?

Condor version 6.8.5 on Windows

I'm attempting to run a batch file that is already on the target system.
However whenever I submit to condor, I get an error like this . . .

'condor_exec.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Why is condor trying to run condor_exec.bat instead of c:\temp\abc.bat?
The submit description file is below.

executable = c:\temp\abc.bat
arguments = arg1 arg2
universe = vanilla
run_as_owner = true
transfer_executable = false
copy_to_spool = false

log = $(Cluster).log
output = $(Cluster).$(Process).output
error = $(Cluster).$(Process).error

requirements = Machine == "BLUDAA931717.bluelnk.net" && OpSys ==
"WINNT51"
queue