[Condor-users] Authentication failures only affecting some users

Hello,

We've been running Condor smoothly for several years, and suddenly
I'm getting reports of strange errors when submitting jobs. I don't get
the errors with my account, nor do some of the support staff here, but
my test account can replicate the problem.

This is on RHEL/CentOS 4 machines, no Kerberos or Globus involved.
We're running Condor 6.8.0, which I realize is a bit out of date. We
recently (within the last several month) changed from NIS to LDAP for
system authentication, but that seems to be working from the OS level
on both the manager/submitter and the pool machines.

Here's what happens:

> condor_submit bench.cmd
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using GSI
GSI:5003:Failed to authenticate.  Globus is reporting error
(851968:45).  There is probably a problem with your credentials.  (Did
you run grid-proxy-init?)
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using KERBEROS
AUTHENTICATE:1004:Failed to authenticate using FS

A search through the archives indicated that changing the
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS setting might help, but that just
changes the error given if I change it to CLAIMTOBE (which from what I
read should pretty much disable authentication checks altogether):

> condor_submit bench.cmd
Submitting job(s)
ERROR: Failed to connect to local queue manager
AUTHENTICATE:1003:Failed to authenticate with any method

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

--
Dan Bongert                     dbongert@xxxxxxxxxxxx
SSCC Unix System Administrator  (608) 262-9857