[Condor-users] 7.0.1 still doesn't fully detect hyperthreading Wintel nodes?

condor -version
$CondorVersion: 7.0.1 Feb 27 2008 BuildID: 76180 $
$CondorPlatform: INTEL-WINNT50 $

I upgraded to 7.0.1 over the weekend from 6.8.x in the hopes of better
detection of hyperthreading on SMP machines.  We have a number of
two-cpu Wintel boxes that have hyperthreading turned on.  Under 6.8.x
Condor thought each hyperthreaded cpu was two VMs, so those boxes ended
up with 4 VMs.   Condor 7.0.1 has the new Slot terminology and coding,
but it still thinks a hyperthreaded cpu is two separate slots.

Our condor_config files have handled this problem for years, but I was
hoping to remove a lot of the kluges we used.  Is there something else I
need to do with 7.0.1 to have the hyperthreaded machines properly
detected?

Ralph Finch, P.E.
California Dept. of Water Resources
Delta Modeling Section, Bay-Delta Office
Room 215-13
1416 9th Street
Sacramento CA  95814
916-653-7552