Re: [Condor-users] Mac OS X and NFS

> Which machines are macs in this problem case? The submit machine, the
> execute machine, or both?
The mac is the submit machine and in this case attempts to run on a linux
machine.

If I submit the same task from a linux machine it runs fine (on linux or
mac).

> Is /private/var/automount/proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF a valid
> path to the file on the execute machine?
Short answer no. /proj/craigb/condor/weka_test/oRF is the valid path.
However, if it executes on a mac then the longer version will be valid.

The problem seems to be the way OS X handles NFS shares, the actual mount
point (/proj) is a symlink:

$ ll /proj
lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  22B Apr  2 18:31 /proj -> /automount/static/proj

$ ll /automount/static/proj
lrwsr-xr-t   1 root  wheel  512B Apr 11 17:32 /automount/static/proj ->
/private/var/automount/proj

It seems the absolute path is grabbed by the submit machine (opposed to the
symlinked one), which is not valid on a linux machine.

Thanks
Craig