Re: [Condor-users] [Condor][Few questions about jobs managing]

Hi Jean-Pierre:

> I'm working on a proof of concept to prove that condor is
> suitable for our type of process and I would like to know how
> can I specify to run a job based on triggers like the
> availability of a file ?

Within Condor itself there's no facility for triggering a submit based
on the appearance of a file but it's not hard to write this
functionality on top of Condor. For example, we have a "dropbox" type
setup for Field Engineers here at Altera where they can put archives in
a special directory and have the Condor grid do things with them. A
cronjob scans the directory, finds new files, and runs a flow on them in
Condor if it finds something new.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.  This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
or copying of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.