Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.1: Parsing configuration settings from env variables

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure about the answer to your question. However, there is a way to test:

env _CONDOR_<MACRO>=VALUE condor_config_val <MACRO>

That will set <MACRO> in the environment and test with condor_config_val what value the configuration parser actually assigns to it.

--Dan

Mark V wrote:

Hi,
Thanks to the Condor group and users for making Condor available and
for all the work that has gon into it over the years.

I'm trying to work out how to have Condor (7.1) running on Amazon's
EC2 (Fedora Core 8 x86_64).

The Condor install docs describe configuration file precedence, and
apparently _CONDOR_<MACRO> environment variables will override config
file settings.  Which is great.
However I wasn't able to find a definitive list of what config file
'macros' can be set using the _CONDOR_* env variables.  The docs
clearly state only some config file parameters are parsed from the env
variables.
I was hoping to set the following following env variables dynamically
each worker/slave AMI instance is started, before the condor service
starts:
_CONDOR_PRIVATE_NETWORK_NAME
_CONDOR_FULL_HOSTNAME
_CONDOR_HOSTNAME
_CONDOR_CONDOR_ADMIN

As far as I can tell this would be enough to let the worker instances
know about the Condor master.

I'd appreciate any info/insights.

Cheers
Mark