Re: [Condor-users] R and condor

What does condor_q -analyze say?
Have you tried running jobs that don't use R?

On 4/24/08, Paul Hewson <paul.hewson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
(I've already posted this on the R-help list, apologies for cross-posting)

I would be extremely grateful if anyone is able to provide any (rather obscure) advice on using R with Condor.    Essentially, it seems possible here to use condor with stand alone executables, but I'm getting stuck trying to submit batch jobs which software on the target machine.

think I'm following  instructions (Xianhong Xie,R News 5(2) 13-15 http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2005-2.pdf) correctly, but my job just stays held in the queue (for days / months).   I've checked condor_status to make sure there are plenty of machines available, but can't see any way to attack the problem of the non-running jobs.

I did wonder whether I should compile some small stand-alone executable to make sure that runs OK, but even then I'm not sure where I would go next.   I have exhausted local advice on the matter.

For what it's worth, the condor script (and the even simpler R script) I'm working with at the moment are here:

Condor script file (submitted using condor_submit):

## condor script starts here:
Universe = vanilla
Executable = C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.1\bin\Rterm.exe
Getenv = true
Arguments = vanilla
Input = test0.R
Error = test0.err
Log = test0.log

Output = test.out
Queue

## R script file (test0.R)
pdf("test1.pdf", width = 6, height = 6)
plot(c(1:10), c(1:10))
dev.off()

I really would be grateful for any suggestions, hints, comments, sample working scripts etc.