[Condor-users] ENABLE_USERLOG_LOCKING?

In the (far) past, I had ENABLE_USERLOG_LOCKING set to the default value
(True).
Then, in December 2006, Todd Tannenbaum suggested to set this variable to
False ("There is no downside to doing this, assuming you do not have multiple
jobs logging into the same job log file.").
A bit later, the subject re-surfaced, and while with Linux NFS locking issues
it seems to be better to use False, there might be issues when DagMan is used.
But there was also an announcement that >6.9.5 might bring changes...

So with 7.0.1/7.1.0, what's the current idea of proper locking (still Linux
clients, servers might be Linux and/or Solaris)? Can I have the cake (some
almost fail-safe setting for standard+vanilla universe) and eat it too (by
overwriting it in DagMan submit files)?

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/