[Condor-users] Authentication Model - Condor + WebServices

Dear All,

I am new to the use of Condor, and I would like to post a question regarding the authentication model of Condor + WebServices:

I am interested in submitting jobs to a Linux+Condor cluster via Web Services and I have realized that most Condor Web Services calls have a field called "Owner", where the client side can declare the user ID to be used for running the job. This arrangement is not satisfactory for us, as we would like to have a true authentication of the users.

Is trusting the "Owner" field in the Web Services calls the only authentication model of Condor for Web Services ? What are the common practices regarding this aspect - is there any secure way of authenticating the users ? Apparently the User Manual does not cover in more detail these aspects, is there any documentation that might be helpful ?

Thanks for your attention,

Best Regards,

Andrea Borsic