Re: [Condor-users] System Variables as arguments [Sec=Unclassified]

On 8/4/08, Troy Robertson <Troy.Robertson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Marios,

I have had to do something similar by submitting a bash script as the
executable which makes the call to the real executable with the
environmental variable argument.

Troy

[Sec=Unclassified]

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to give a system variable in the arguments during
> submission?
>
> For example in the submission file to have this:
>
> executable = testHOSTvar
>
> notification = error
> universe = vanilla
>
> Initialdir = results
> rguments = $HOST 2 3
> output = testHOSTvar.out
> error = testHOSTvar.err
> log = testHOSTvar.log
> Queue
>
> and when the job is executing the $HOST will be replaced with the
value of
> the $HOST variable. Condor seems to override variables and during the
job
> execution is just interprets the variable as text.
if i understood u well,then u r trying to pass some env variable from ur submit machine to executables on remote machine
then u can add a line in ur submit file
getenv=True
and then write a simple wraper may be shell script/batch file to pass those env variables to ur desired executable from that wrapper
You can send more details so the proper problem could be sort out