Re: [Condor-users] Job scheduling

> While the job is being run outside operating parameters (6GB
> >> 2GB), the jobs still have to be run, and they run fine if
> there is only one being run per node. The problem is, all of
> the jobs are being flocked together to one node (compute-1-0
> or compute-2-0), is this an intended function of condor, or
> is there a way I can configure condor to scatter the jobs
> across the cluster whenever possible?

You can configure the negotiator to fill jobs width first instead of
depth first but this will only solve your problem if you never have more
than 20 of these jobs in the queue at one time. Better would be to have
your user submit these jobs and limit them to run only on slot 1 of any
machine. In the user's submit file:

        constraint SlotID == 1

Then the jobs can run on any machine, but only on slot 1, so you know
that you'll never be running more than one of this type of job per
machine.

You can search the archives for some fancy ways to turn off the other
slots on your boxes if one of these jobs starts to run on slot 1 so the
machine never gets overloaded.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.